Monday 20 July 2020

POST #3 for CCUB 4621

Contributions on Community Engagement Project


Assalamualaikum and hi, everyone. I hope all of you guys are doing well during this RMCO (Recovery Movement Control Order). Today's posting is about the contributions that I have done in our community engagement project which the initial target audience is IIUM community that consists of students and staffs. 

Before I begin, I would like to recap on the project that had been carried out by me and my classmates of CCUB 4621 section 213. Each and everyone of us had been assigned to make one posting (picture or video) on our class Instagram account. The posting must include positive encouragement for everyone but the topic must be varied. As for me, I had chosen 'Practising Gratitude' while my other classmates came up with other wonderful and insightful topics like How to Manage Financial Wisely and Getting through Difficult Times'. 

During our recent synchronous class last 2 weeks, our instructor (Sister Fida') asked for more recommendation on how to gain more followers on our Instagram account so that the messages and positive encouragement could reach more people. I was unsure with my idea but I decided to speak up which I suggested to change the username of our account. I came up with the idea based on my personal experience as an avid user of Instagram since 2013. From my experience, I was much more interested to follow an account with catchy and trendy usernames rather the ones that are basic. So, we changed our username from 'Ub4_213' to 'fromsisters4you'. Alhamdulillah, all of my classmates agreed to the idea and we decided to proceed with the suggestion. 

Besides that, I also shared the profile of our Instagram account on my personal account so that it would get exposed and noticed by other people. Since many of my friends from IIUM are following me on my personal account, they kinda noticed the existence of fromsisters4you. Some of them were interested with the account and the content it offered so they decided to give it a follow in order to receive more positive encouragements on different aspects. From that, our Instagram account gained a few followers and the messages could reach a wider range of audience. 

Last but not least, the topic that I've chosen is an essential matter in our everyday lives. Practising Gratitude might seem unimportant and doesn't contribute much to the society, but actually it is one of the things that makes life more colourful, purposeful and bearable. When someone starts to incorporate the act of gratitude in his life, he will notice the smallest yet significant thing in life that will make him feel happy and content with it. Once someone is happy, he can spread and affect the people around him with the positive vibes which later will make up a community that's happy and grateful with what the life could offer. When more people gradually practising gratitude in their lives, a positive and less-stressful circle can be established. 

I think this basically sums up the contribution that I've done in our community engagement project. They might be not much, but I am more than delighted to be able to help. Thank you everyone for reading and may you have a great day ahead. 

Best regards,
Maryam. 

No comments:

Post a Comment